vRoom v1.2 (build 154) for Lightwave 2015.3 (Currently only available upon request)Changes in 1.2
- Mac OSX release.
- New radial mode to simulate the interiors of circular or curved buildings.
- New room geometry stretching options to make simulated rooms larger or smaller.
- Greatly enhanced FPrime integration. Users can now alter all variables, that do not require a geometry rebuild, interactively. Other variables are protected from being altered.
Download and demo
Below is the download link for vRoom. To use vRoom demo, please run Lightwave in Discovery mode (i.e. without the dongle in place).
When compositing into some plates, it was noted that the insides of buildings appeared very dark and no detail could be seen. With this in mind, the user can now specify a solid colour (with random hue and brightness variance) and use this instead of image library interiors.
In the event that there are no internal images to be looked up, this colour will be rendered instead. An option to randomly shift the hue of window garnish images (blinds, curtains, etc) has also been added.
Here's a brief example of a building that uses only a single image (for the blinds):
vRoom is designed to simulate the interiors of buildings and the glass panes through which these interiors are seen. Previous to vRoom a Lightwave artist had three choices when it came to the windows on a building:
- Have completely reflective windows that you cannot see into.
- Have nothing inside their building.
- Laboriously hand craft each room and using regular mapping techniques.
A simple building model with no internal geometry at all:
The same shot with vRoom applied:
A close up image with no blinds and an orange glass tint
A short clip showing how vRoom looks when animated. The animation also highlights vRoom's glass distortion effects. One of the rooms in the animation contains regular lightwave objects (a table and some stools) that are being lit by the windows themselves and global illumination.
Be sure to watch in HD and maximize - original resolution 640 x 480
- Pseudo room geometry creation at render time
- Automatic asset allocation from image library
- Automatic allocation of curtains, blinds or other items to be seen in windows:
- Per window pane distortion effects including
- Inwards/outwards bulging
- Individual pane tilts
- Built in Perlin noise with per pane offset capability
- Nodal control of
- Percentage of lights switched on
- Exposure and it's varance
- Blinds up/down amount
- Window tint
- Diffuse colour and amount
- and more...
Requires minimum of Lightwave v9.3.1
Available for PC 32/64 bit
Email enquiries, bug reports and feature suggestions to
Reported to function withKnown incompatability with popular third party tools
- Kray instancing
- HD Instance